How Is Health Coaching Different Than Dieting?
Health coaching works because it is completely different than other diets and programs that are out there. Here are 7 ways that working with a Health Coach will be different than dieting…
- A Health Coach helps you lose weight by focusing on improving your health. As a result, you will not only lose weight, but you’ll notice other benefits such as more energy, better digestion, clearer skin, and an increased ability to manage stress.
- A Health Coach does not use a one-size-fits-all approach. Instead, you and your coach will partner together to create a plan that works for YOU and your unique body. The plan will also fit into your lifestyle, time restraints, food preferences, and budget.
- A Health Coach will help you make lifestyle changes instead of following a short term diet. When you follow temporary diets, the weight can quickly come back on once the diet is over. You’re much more likely to have lasting weight loss with a lifestyle approach.
- A Health Coach understands that losing weight is NOT just about the food! Many factors can prevent you from losing weight…stress, a lack of sleep, food sensitivities, emotional eating, old habits, routines, and so on. A coach will help you work through the unique obstacles you are facing.
- A Health Coach is not going to simply give you a list of foods to eat and foods to avoid. Instead, a coach specializes in helping you figure out HOW to implement these changes, create new habits, and stick with them.
- A Health Coach takes a holistic approach to losing weight and improving your health. The health of you as a whole person…physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually…directly impacts your ability to lose weight. By taking all aspects of your life into consideration, you’ll not only lose weight but find greater happiness with life and confidence in yourself.
- Hiring a Health Coach means that you are no longer on this weight loss journey alone! You have someone who will expertly guide you through the process, celebrate successes with you, troubleshoot any challenges you face, and provide accountability every step of the way.
Interested in figuring out if Health Coaching is right for you?